ICF Consulting Group, Inc. Health Intern (Atlanta, GA) in Atlanta, Georgia
Social & Analytic Solutions Group
Health, Research, Informatics, & Technology
Are you passionate about improving quality of life through disease prevention, health promotion, and the care of chronic health conditions? Then consider ICF. We work at the forefront of today s global health issues, helping clients understand the specific needs of diverse populations and address complex health challenges with behavior and disease surveillance and monitoring, research and surveys, training and technical assistance, and informatics and systems.
As a Health Intern you will be responsible for working with a team of staff to review and code existing resources for the CDC Workplace Health Resource Center, assist with coding processes provide logistical support to the team, and participate in team meetings. This position is intended to be part-time during Summer 2017 at approximately 16-20 hours/week.
_Key Responsibilities:_ * Review and code resources for the CDC Workplace Health Resource Center consistent with the approved protocol * Update coding per QC reports * Participate in training and practice sessions for resource coding * Attend and contribute to weekly team meetings * Assist team members with tasks, as needed
- 3 years background and understanding (via coursework and/or job duties) of the social sciences (e.g., psychology, anthropology, sociology, public policy/public health law)
- Strong writing skills; ability to write clear and succinct product descriptions
- Detail oriented
Background knowledge or experience relevant to understanding, interpreting, and assessing health/public health education resources and peer-reviewed papers
1 years background or experience (via coursework and/or job duties) with planning, implementing, or evaluating workplace health programs
- Experience conducting systematic reviews
- Background in or experience with population-level public health interventions
- Ability to work efficiently with team members in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify and analyze problems, and to offer creative and feasible solutions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and shift priorities as directed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at every level
- General computer skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Working at ICF Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICFtogether for tomorrow.
About ICF ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us aticf.com.
Requisition ID: /1700001962/