Sava Senior Care Lvn-Lpn in Atlanta, Georgia
A licensed practical nurse (LPN) [referred to as LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse - in some states] provides care and treatment in accordance with physician orders. Works in a team environment and within scope of practice as defined by State. The LPN / LVN works under the direction of physicians and registered nurses (RNs).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assesses patients by physical examination, including pertinent diagnostic testing to determine health status.
- Administers medications and treatments.
- Participates in the care planning process.
- Supervises LPNs and certified nursing assistants.
- Communicates with physicians regarding changes in resident's conditions, diagnostic test results, etc.
- Documents assessments and care in compliance with standards of care and company policy.
- Educates patients and their families on health-related issues.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID #:: 620270
Facility Name:: Dunwoody, Atlanta, GA
Functional Area:: Nursing
Facility Address:: 5470 Meridian Mark Road Bldg E
Position Type:: Full-Time
Location:: Atlanta, GA - 30342