Consulate Health Care Payroll/Tax Manager - Consulate Health Care - Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia
Job ID 18824
Posted Date 4/17/2017
Position Location US-GA-Atlanta
Alternate Position Location ..
Facility Name Consulate Health Care - Atlanta
Job Category Finance - Payroll
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care employee, you are entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out your daily tasks and assigned duties while demonstrating Consulate’s Core Values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are expected to provide innovative, responsible results with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results. The Payroll/Tax Manager will manage the organization’s payroll along with payroll tax services.
As Payroll/Tax Manager, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. The primary function of this position will be to verify, manage and coordinate filling and correspondence related to payroll taxes. This is a working manager role where the day-to-day responsibilities are accomplished directly as well as through the employee service center team. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform/ manage other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon you performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work will consist of engaging line of businesses regarding requirements gathering, report design, testing, deployment, and overseeing ongoing training and analysis. Responsible for providing team-based innovative solutions for reporting needs with an emphasis on delivering improved upon methods of data presentation, reporting, analysis, project development, and project management.
- Payroll Tax
- Oversees the entire payroll tax process for multi-state facilities including federal, state, and local.
- Oversees quarterly and annual balancing of payroll tax filings for all tax jurisdictions.
- Process and maintain payroll tax payments and returns for the organization which includes tax reconciliations.
- Manages and updates payroll tax software.
- Manages the timely handling and resolution of tax notices with agencies.
- Ensures Compliance with all payroll tax related governmental, regulatory, and legislative requirements.
- Resolves payroll tax discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information and making adjustments as needed.
- Works closely with Director of Payroll on all aspects of payroll taxes.
- Works closely with Payroll Supervisors at all times for normal payroll processing schedules, and in the scheduling of off cycle payrolls to ensure tax filings are accurate.
- Works with internal departments including but not limited to Accounting and A/P.
- Responds to external and internal agency audit requests.
- Assists with other related programs and administration.
- Responsible for the accurate recording of payroll taxes in GL. .
- Maintains relationship with vendors.
- Manages the set up of new tax accounts and closure of inactive accounts in response to reorganizations or acquisitions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Management, Training, and Analysis
- Presents payroll tax analytics, trending updates and customized reports to all levels of the organization, as requested.
- Identify areas of training needs, Prepares and delivers to staff.
- Creates and documents processes and procedures relating to daily, quarterly, and annual tax processing and reconciling.
- Manages and develops payroll tax staff of 2-3 payroll tax specialists and senior tax specialists.
- Embraces the idea of continuous process improvement.
- Provides guidance and support to project manager and Payroll Director as needed.
- Assists in the set up of new facilities in tax software and responsible for testing to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for all tax setups on new facilities.
- Act as a consultant to the Business Office Coordinators and internal payroll team with tax related items.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA required in Management, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in payroll tax administration
- Minimum of 4 years multi-state, multi-jurisdiction, and high volume payroll tax experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience preferably in a healthcare environment
- Minimum of 2 years experience in HRIS/Payroll packages, including report writing
- MasterTax software experience preferred
- Experience with Lawson a plus.
- Experience with BSI Tax Factory a plus.
- Experience in processing tax filing and payments via check, e-file, mag media, and EFT debit and credit.
- MasterTax software experience preferred.
- Experience with multi-state employee base of over 10,000
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of payroll tax and the regulatory environment, which includes federal, multi-state, and local tax regulations as well as the ability to read and understand, and analyze highly complex regulatory payroll tax information
- Must possess working knowledge of payroll software systems to prepare and process payroll tax requirements.
- Must possess ability to manage and prioritize various responsibilities with competing, short deadlines.
- Must possess intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills especially Excel skills
- Must possess very strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be results-oriented and able to perform multiple projects or tasks in a timely and effective manner.
- Must possess the ability to work independently.
- Must possess exceptional team building and people skills.
- Must possess the ability to deal with a wide range of personality types, ages, and diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Must possess the ability to articulate and comprehend the English language.
- Requires intense concentration and attention.
- Must possess multi-tasking skills
- Works in office areas.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Works beyond normal working hours, weekends and holidays and on other shifts/positions when necessary and during special projects.
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Works beyond normal working hours, weekends and holidays and on other shifts/positions as necessary.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Physically able to participate in sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with vendors, suppliers, service providers, or off-site contractors.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating more than200 centers at http://www.consulatehealthcare.com/locations.aspx in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
Since our formation as Tandem Health Care in 1997, with one center in Cheswick, PA, our mission at http://www.consulatehealthcare.com/mission-and-core-values.aspx remains "Providing Service with Our Hearts and Hands" , which guides us in everything we do. In 2006, we became Consulate Health Care, growing to more than 75 centers in 6 states…but it was our 2012 expansion that merged more than 120 centers into the Consulate Health Care family, allowing us to care for more residents and patients than ever before, and today, serve as one of our industry’s top employers.
Our services include:
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients
Our employees are our Ambassadors of Care and the driving force behind our success in delivering on our most important mission. We offer more than just a job – we offer rewarding careers - to those who share our unwavering commitment to helping others and to our Core Values at http://www.consulatehealthcare.com/mission-and-core-values.aspx of Compassion, Honesty, Respect, Integrity and Passion. Learn more about career opportunities by visiting our Careers Page. at http://www.consulatehealthcare.com/careers.aspx