WellStar Health Systems RN - Emergency Department in Atlanta, Georgia
RN - Emergency Department
WellStar Atlanta Medical Ctr
Named to FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® List for 2nd Year
WellStar has been named one of the 2016 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®, which recognizes companies across the country that have exceptional workplace cultures. This is WellStar’s second year on the prestigious list, further showing the System’s commitment to taking care of the people who take care of others.
WellStar was selected among hundreds of companies vying for a place on the list this year. Applicant companies opt to participate in the selection process, which includes an employee survey and an in-depth questionnaire about their programs and company practices. Great Place to Work® then evaluates each application using its unique methodology based on five dimensions: credibility, respect, fairness, pride and camaraderie.
WellStar has received national recognition for its Employer of Choice strategy. In addition to making FORTUNE’s list two years in a row, WellStar has earned Top 10 honors on Working Mother’s 100 Best Companies list for the past five years and Top 100 for seven years. Also, WellStar has received accolades and honors from AARP’s Best Employers for Workers Over 50, Companies That Care Honor Roll, Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility, and the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption’s Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces Top 100.
Join the team named one of the Top 100 Companies by Working Mother Magazine
Atlanta Medical Center
Atlanta Medical Center is a general medical and surgical hospital in Atlanta, GA. It is also a teaching hospital. Founded in 1901, the 762-bed hospital includes two campuses in midtown Atlanta and East Point. It is known as a regional designated Level I Trauma center. WellStar Atlanta Medical Center campuses are two of the 11 inpatient hospitals owned and operated by WellStar Health System, the largest health system in Georgia's designated Level I Trauma Center.
We believe in a team-centered approach in everything we do and with every patient that we serve. Our smoke-free campus provides an atmosphere where patients and team members can breathe easy, while promoting a healthy lifestyle.
This is at our Downtown Campus!
JOB SUMMARY: a brief description of the job.
The RN Clinical Nurse is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care. They practice in a clinical environment that is administered by Nurse Managers and other leaders and is supported through the WellStar Shared Governance Model. The framework for practice is steered by the WellStar Professional Practice Model, 5-Star Nursing and evidence based practice and research. RN competencies are derived from these models and supported by the WellStar Core Competencies.
It is expected that all RN Clinical Nurses are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the patient services team, it is expected that the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals.
Required Minimum Education :
Graduate from an ASN/BSN accredited program
Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia
Required Minimum Experience :
Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice acquired through graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
Considerable knowledge and skills in the application of the techniques and practices of the nursing profession.
Considerable knowledge of medical procedures and equipment.
Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in detail and to maintain nursing records and charts.
Ability to instruct and direct healthcare personnel performing duties.
Ability to establish and maintain confidence and cooperation of patients.
Ability to maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, patients, families and physicians
1. Concierge Services: Employees use the free concierge service to take care of day-to-day errands such as dry cleaning pick-up, oil changes, grocery shopping, assist in researching and arranging travel plans, and helps with planning family events.
2. Health Coverage: Competitive healthcare premiums and coverage for employees and dependents. Bariatric surgeries performed within the WellStar network are covered 100%. Employees have access to our on-site pharmacy for prescriptions at discounted rates and the use of payroll deduction.
3. Work-Life Balance Programs: WellStar’s commitment to your work-life balance is shown by offering flexible schedules, telecommuting, job sharing, and flex time. We offer on-site child care, backup care and elder assistance care.
4. Wellness Programs: Employees can stay active by using our on-site fitness center with discounted fitness classes. We provide a weekly farmers basket program that lets employees buy fresh local produce at an average price of $16.00 or less a basket.
5. Recognition Programs: Employees receive recognition through several WellStar programs; The Winners of WellStar (WOW) program lets employees recognize and reward their peers with awards and gifts.
6. Parental Benefits: Full-time employees receive 120 hours of paid maternity or paternity leave; benefit eligible part-time employees receive 60 hours for the birth or adoption of a child. Adoptive parents can receive $10,000 in adoption benefits per child, with a total lifetime benefit of $20,000.
7. Additional Benefits: Education and tuition assistance programs, and on-site dining options for convenience.
Come see why our employees love their career at WellStar and enjoy work-life balance and the opportunity for advancement from within.
Apply today to become the newest shining star in our ever-growing healthcare network.
We are an equal opportunity employer.