Sava Senior Care Speech Therapist in Atlanta, Georgia
We focus on people. Our residents. Their lives. Their health. Their families. We are one of the largest providers of short-term and long-term health care services in the United States. Through our affiliated entities, we provide services through over 200 skilled nursing facilities in 23 states. We are committed to providing compassionate, family oriented short-term and long-term care. We focus on individualized care that respects the dignity and rights of our residents. Our aim is to care for every resident the way we would our family members. We strive to provide our residents with services designed to achieve quality care and quality of life. To reach these outcomes we subscribe to quality treatment with a combination of "caring and curing". Select facilities provide Intravenous Therapy Services, Respiratory Therapy Services, Dementia Services and all facilities provide Rehabilitation Services.
Our affiliated facility in Atlanta, GA is seeking a PRN Speech Language Pathologist to join our In-House Rehab Team!Please apply online via this posting for an expedited process.
For more information please contact Marilyn Gromlovits 877-214-2071 or MaGromlovits@savasc.com**
Evaluates and treats residents and patients with temporary or long-term speech, hearing, swallowing, and cognitive disabilities in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Screens and evaluates Resident and develops appropriate care plan.
- Under a physician's direction, provides direct patient / resident treatment based on established plan of care.
- Plans, directs, or conducts rehabilitative treatment programs to restore communicative efficiency of individuals with communication and / or swallowing or cognitive problems.
- Administers, scores, and interprets specialized hearing and speech tests.
- Instructs residents, families, and caregivers to monitor speech and provide ways to practice new skills.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Maintains patient records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Devises special tools and treatments for the specific needs of patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master of Science degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- Current license in Speech Therapy as required by state law.
- Certification in clinical competency.
- One year clinical experience preferred.
Physical Demands & Environment
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and / or transfer patients weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID #:: 215589
Facility Name:: Northeast Atlanta, Atlanta, GA
Functional Area:: Rehabilitation
Facility Address:: 1500 S. Johnson Ferry Road
Position Type:: PRN
Location:: Atlanta, GA - 30319