Sava Senior Care Physical Therapist in Austell, Georgia
We focus on people. Our residents. Their lives. Their health. Their families. We are one of the largest providers of short-term and long-term health care services in the United States. Through our affiliated entities, we provide services through over 200 skilled nursing facilities in 23 states. We are committed to providing compassionate, family oriented short-term and long-term care. We focus on individualized care that respects the dignity and rights of our residents. Our aim is to care for every resident the way we would our family members. We strive to provide our residents with services designed to achieve quality care and quality of life. To reach these outcomes we subscribe to quality treatment with a combination of "caring and curing". Select facilities provide Intravenous Therapy Services, Respiratory Therapy Services, Dementia Services and all facilities provide Rehabilitation Services.
Our affiliated facility in Austell, GA is seeking an Physical Therapist to join our In-House Rehab Team!Please apply online via this posting for an expedited process.
For more information please contact Marilyn Gromlovits 877-214-2071 or MaGromlovits@savasc.com**
Physical Therapist (PT) evaluates and treats residents and patients with temporary or long term physical disabilities to relieve pain, restore function, and promote healing by applying the therapeutic properties of exercise, heat, ultrasound, massage and other forms of treatment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Under a physician's order, performs the following within scope of practice and federal guidelines:
- Evaluates, plans and administers treatment to patients with problems related to neuromuscular and musculoskeletal systems.
- Administers and interprets tests and measurements for muscle strength, coordination, range of motion, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency.
- Provides direct resident treatment in accordance with an established plan of care.
- Instructs patients, families, and caregivers in the care and use of wheelchairs, braces, canes, crutches and other devices.
- Maintains patient records.
- Devises special tools and treatment for the specific needs of patients.
- Conducts home assessments as appropriate to ensure discharge of residents to a safe environment.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Physical Therapy.
- One (1) year of clinical experience preferred.
- Current license to practice Physical Therapy issued by the State, if required by state law.
Physical Demands & Environment
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable, law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID #:: 215542
Facility Name:: Anderson Mill, Austell, GA
Functional Area:: Rehabilitation
Facility Address:: 2130 Anderson Mill Road
Position Type:: PRN
Location:: Austell, GA - 30106