Sava Senior Care Lvn-Lpn in Canton, Georgia
LVN / LPN Description
A licensed practical nurse (LPN) [referred to as LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse - in some states] provides care and treatment in accordance with physician orders. Works in a team environment and within scope of practice as defined by State. The LPN / LVN works under the direction of physicians and registered nurses (RNs).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assesses patients by physical examination, including pertinent diagnostic testing to determine health status.
- Administers medications and treatments.
- Participates in the care planning process.
- Supervises LPNs and certified nursing assistants.
- Communicates with physicians regarding changes in resident's conditions, diagnostic test results, etc.
- Documents assessments and care in compliance with standards of care and company policy.
- Educates patients and their families on health-related issues.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
LVN / LPN Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid State licensure as an LPN / LVN.
- Current CPR certification.
Physical Demands & Environment
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID #:: 203633
Facility Name:: Canton, Canton, GA
Functional Area:: Nursing
Facility Address:: 150 Hospital Circle, N.w.
Position Type:: PRN
Location:: Canton, GA - 30114