Advanced Care Pediatrics Home Health LPN/RN for Pediatrics and Young Adults in Lithonia, Georgia
Are you a skilled and passionate Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse eager to make a difference in someone’s life? Do you want to be a part of the newest "highly recommended" home care team in Atlanta? Advanced Care Pediatrics is looking for RNs and LPNs that are committed to providing excellence in care for our children in the comfort of their own home and school settings.
ACP is one of this year’s Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies. Based in Atlanta, GA we offer career opportunities for the right individual! If you are looking for opportunities to grow with an organization contact us now.
We Currently Have Several Full-Time and PRN Opportunities throughout the North Georgia & the Metro Atlanta Area!
• Provide one-on-one patient care
• Administer medication and take and record vitals
• Assess home situations to determine that our children are in the best possible environment
• Assist our children with daily care such as grooming, bathing and toileting
• Provide emotional support to our children and their families
• Work with pediatricians to ensure that proper treatment is administered at all times
• Observe symptoms and report to the pediatrician
• Provide First Aid and CPR when necessary
• Observe our children for changes in health
• Act as a home health educator for our children and their families
• Work as a nurse advocate in order to safeguard our children’s rights
• Provide recreation and diversion to children under our care
• Record and document medical findings, symptoms and observations
• Ensure safety of our children at all times
• Act as consultant for our children’s welfare
Minimum Job Requirements:
Current LPN or RN qualifications to practice in the state of GA
Pediatric experience within past 2 years (0yrs – 21yrs of age)
Preferred experience with vents, trachs, G-tubes, CVL’s.
Current CPR certification.
Evidence of negative TB skin test or chest x-ray.
Satisfactory criminal background check and a negative drug screen.
Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
Home Health Experience a plus.
Must have transportation to arrive on time to the patient's residence.
Ability to stand, lift or assist in lifting the patient for feeding, changing, bathing and emergency response.
Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat and generally demonstrate flexibility to meet the care needs of the patient.
Must have adequate hearing and visual acuity to appropriately monitor the patient and associated medical equipment.
Must have strength and manual dexterity, including the ability to grasp and manipulate small objects, to operate medical equipment appropriately.
Must be capable of responding to emergency situations to keep the patient safe from harm.Must have the ability to work in various settings that involve exposure to allergens outside of the employer’s control, such as domestic animals and latex.
+ Flexible Schedules
Full Time or PRN Employment
Comprehensive Benefits including 401K and group health insurance after 90 days
24/7 Supervisory Support
Awards and Recognition programs
A customized training program to familiarize staff with patient’s needs
Positive Work Environment and the tools you need to do your job
Individualized orientation for each patient you work with at their home