HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Regulatory Compliance , Registered Nurse (RN) in Snellville, Georgia
Eastside Medical Center has been a healthcare leader for more than 37 years providing quality care to patients in Gwinnett and surrounding counties. Eastside is a 310-bed, multi-campus system of care offering comprehensive medical and surgical programs including cardiovascular, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, rehabilitation, maternity with neonatal intensive care, behavioral health, bariatric, and 24-hour emergency care.
Our medical staff of 500 board certified physicians, 1,200 employees and 400 volunteers is committed to providing our community a healthcare system of excellence. Eastside has earned full Chest Pain Center Accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, The Joint Commission’s “Gold Seal of Approval” for quality and safety in disease-specific joint replacement care, the Blue Distinction Centers Program for Spine Surgery and Gold Plus status for stroke care, and the Healthgrades 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™ for superior performance in patient safety. The Breast Imaging and Diagnostic Center is designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the FDA.
*Position Responsibilities: * * *Responsible for the coordination of the continuous regulatory, licensure and accreditation compliance in accordance with all applicable regulations and standards.
- Implements , coordinates and maintains a regulatory readiness program including identifying and scheduling appropriate tracers
- Continually analyzes and improves current regulatory compliance.
- Updates leaders and the program on any changes in regulatory/accreditation regulations or standards
- Leads, coaches and mentors multi-disciplinary teams in the assessment and maintenance of regulatory readiness.
- Supports ongoing communication of regulatory standards to leadership, employees and medical staff with an emphasis on the clinical and functional importance of regulatory compliance.
- Coordinates and manages all regulatory, accreditation or certification preparation, performance reviews and all on-site/ telephone survey processes, both announced and unannounced. Provides assistance and on site consultation for all CMS surveys.
- Coordinates and reviews, prior to submission, all facility corrective actions related to regulatory standards or surveys. Monitors and submits Measures of Success required in Action Plans.
- Plans and leads mock surveys, QRS surveys, or any other preparation for upcoming accreditation surveys.
- Identifies and leads with the VP, Quality/Patient Safety , any FMEAs needed for new services or programs
- Meets all HCA Regulatory reporting requirements
- Provides advocacy with regulatory agencies
- Provides facilitation expertise for teams improving TJC compliance
- Coordinates external contracted TJC services.
- Maintains expertise in TJC and CMS standards and surveying methods.
- Maintains working knowledge of other standard sets such as OIG, OSHA, BME, etc. and maintains excellent working relationship with Ethics and Compliance Officer and Risk/legal department
Other duties as assigned
Current Georgia RN license
- At least 2 years experience in clinical care and one year in management
- BSN or other advanced degree required; MSN preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
Title: Director of Regulatory Compliance , Registered Nurse (RN)
Location: Georgia-Snellville-Eastside Medical Center - Snellville
Requisition ID: 08621-10334