WellStar Health Systems Chaplain in atlanta, Georgia
At WellStar we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
As clinically-trained professional Chaplains, the mission of WellStar’s Pastoral Care Department is to impact the healing experience by offering compassionate presence and bringing hope to patients and residents, families, staff and community. The Staff Chaplain has the primary responsibilities of offering pastoral care and emotional support in an interfaith manner to patients and their families; performing spiritual assessments and offering spiritual guidance; offering sacraments and rituals in accordance with the patient/family’s faith tradition of choice; working with the multidisciplinary team to positively impact the patient’s plan of care; and offering of end-of-life support to the patient and bereavement support to their family. The Staff Chaplain also works closely with the larger faith community, in order to best meet the religious needs of patients, families, and team members. The Staff Chaplain offers support to team members, including education on caring for self while caring for others. The Staff Chaplain also has leadership responsibilities on Pastoral Care initiatives as delegated by the Director of Pastoral Care. The Staff Chaplain assumes rotating evening and weekend on-call responsibilities.
Required Minimum Education
• Master’s Degree in Divinity, Theology, or equivalent Master’s Level Degree from an accredited graduate school, school of divinity/theology, or seminary.
• Four Units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) completed at an accredited Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) training center.
• Ordination or Licensure, and Endorsement for Hospital Chaplaincy by a recognized faith group.
• Board Certification (BCC – Board Certified Chaplain), or eligibility for certification, by APC (Association for Professional Chaplains), NACC (National Association of Catholic Chaplains), or NAJC (National Association of Jewish Chaplains).
Required Minimum Experience
• One year of experience in pastoral ministry in a health care setting.
Required Minimum Skills:
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent listening skills, in conjunction with pastoral care and counseling skills.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country. The WellStar culture of caring has also been nationally recognized three years in a row by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For”. Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today.
WellStar is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any status which is protected by local, state or federal law.
Department Pastoral Services
Facility WellStar Atlanta Medical Center
Category Nursing Support